Tuesday 14 June 2011

The Last Post



Here's a picture of me carrying a rail trap. And yes, it is quite heavy.

And seeing as I had to carry it bleedin' miles out the glen, I thought I'd save myself a double journey and check out some cairns (for foxes) while I was at it. Hence the shotgun. And if my pack looks kind of heavy that's because it's got waterproofs (helluva showers that day) lunch, hammer, staples. Oh yes, and I had to take a tether post with me as well.

I had a pair of earplugs in my pocket too. They were light.

Despite appearances, the other photo is NOT a result of my carrying too much.

I've not come across this before but I assume a hind has lost her whole 'calving bed' in the process of giving birth. I was stunned at the size of it. What also stunned me was the fact that neither hind nor foetus/calf were anywhere to be seen. (And this was in the bottom of a steep sided glen.)

Poor creatures, I can't imagine either surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment