Monday 2 May 2011

Maisie Misses Out







As stated in my last blog, I had to leave Maisie in the kennel the next day. The poor dear could hardly move when I looked in on her in the morning.

And wouldn't you know it, she missed the action.

The truth of the matter is I nearly did as well. As I negotiated a particularly steep and heathery slope a fox got up. In 3 bounds it had reached the top of the bump it had been lying on. If it had managed a 4th bound it would have been out of my sight.

As you can see from the pic, it didn't make it but I'd be the first to admit it was an unlucky fox.

On a completely different tack, I thought I'd treat you to some pics from the other side of this beautiful country. I was fortunate to be invited to a weekend of sailing over on the West coast.

The weather was fantastic and the scenery was outstanding (har). But a word of warning to my overseas readers- don't think it's like this all the time. Of course, the scenery is always there, it's just you don't always get to see it for the mist, rain or clouds of midges.

Colin, if you read this, thanks for a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment