Monday 14 February 2011

Waterblogged






Last week continued as it started. It was a particularily hard week. Friday was the 'piece de resistance' with lots of walking, lots of stalking and ever-worsening weather.

It was during one especially arduous stalk that my waterproof leggings threw in the towel. They tore from here to breakfast time. Were I a shakespearean character I would have cried "Alas, I am undone!"

As it was, I just cried. And I continued to cry throughout the weekend as the rain and sleet battered down.

My week started with me squelching round to the workshop and forcing my old leggings out of retirement. However, this was done with some misgivings- when I'd last used them they were on their last legs. So to speak.

I'm sure you can guess what sort of day it turned out to be. Drat! (That's short for drowned rat.) The pics say it all.

By the way, tomorrow should be the last day of the hind season. And very welcome it would have been too. Don't get me wrong; I love my stalking but this feels as though it has been an especially long and difficult season.

However, we have applied for a special licence for an extension to our season. This is because we are so far behind with our cull due to the weather. So, my friends, the tales of deering-do will continue for a little longer.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some pressing internet shopping to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment